PRE-LICENSING FOR RESIDENTIAL LEASING AGENT
SO YOU WANT TO BE A RESIDENTIAL LEASING AGENT?
Welcome! We’re here to give you the best foundation possible to set you up for long-term success. Obtaining your residential leasing agent license is a great beginning to a rewarding real estate career.
A residential leasing agent is an employee of a real estate broker and engages in licensing activities limited to leasing residential real estate. In Illinois, you must obtain a license in order to work as a residential leasing agent.
Our pre-licensing program is designed to fulfill the necessary course requirements and prepare you thoroughly for the state licensing exam and application.
- +18 years old
- High school or GED graduate
- Be of good moral character
STEPS TO BECOME A LICENSED RESIDENTIAL LEASING AGENT
- Successfully complete 15 hours of instruction in an approved course of study relating to the leasing of residential real property.
- Must apply for licensure on forms provided by IDFPR
- Must pass state exam with Applied Measurement Professionals, visit their website for more information
RESIDENTIAL LEASING AGENT PRE-LICENSING COURSE
This course is the first step on your journey to becoming a residential leasing agent! Regardless of which course you choose, the content includes: provisions of the Illinois Real Estate License Act 2000 applicable to residential leasing agents, fair housing issues relating to residential leasing, advertising and marketing issues, leases, applications and credit reports, owner-tenant relationships and owner-tenant laws, the handling of funds, and environmental issues relating to residential real property. You must complete and pass this course before you may continue on to the state exam and licensing process.
There are two (2) different ways that you can take this course. You should decide the best option based on what works for your schedule and your learning style.
1. CLASSROOM & WEBINAR
CLASSROOM: If you learn best in a traditional classroom setting, and you have the flexibility to commit to attending one of our sessions, then our classroom course is your best option.
WEBINAR: If you learn best with a live instructor and an interactive classroom environment (but you’re practicing social distancing), then our webinar course is your best option. The experience includes a full-time, live instructor, group discussions, unit reviews and an easy-to-navigate webinar streaming interface.
Three things to know about webinar classes:
- You must be signed in to all sessions from start to finish to receive credit. Make sure you have a computer and a steady WiFi source.
- Unlike a Zoom Call, you don’t have to worry about keeping your camera on or off. Check out these handy webinar 101 tips.
- Your webinar class will take place on the same dates and run for the same time as a standard classroom course, so please plan to attend the class for its entirety to receive credit. Double-check our school policies if you anticipate an absence.
Quick LinksFAQs Tools to Triumph Course Forms Class Location & Directions Types of Careers School Policies Instructors
TIME: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
TUITION: $240, including books and materials
|6/23/20 – 6/24/20||Webinar|
|8/31/20 – 9/1/20||CAR | 430 N Michigan|
|11/12/20 – 11/13/20||CAR | 430 N Michigan|
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the uncertainty of upcoming testing availability, we are temporarily not offering self-study courses.
INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN REAL ESTATE?
We do encourage you to fill out the information request form below so we can reach out to you and make sure you have everything you need to start your new and exciting career.